Scriptaplooza Screenwriting Competition has become one of few most relevant screenwriting competitions in the industry, and has maintained its early days goal of helping as many writers as possible every year.
Their mission is to honor dedicated writers and to help further their creative process and skills. This includes scripts being optioned and sold, writers acquiring literary representation and mentorship.
This competition is open to any writer, 18 or older. Entering the competition constitutes permission to use the winners’ names and likenesses for publicity and promotions with no additional compensation. We reserve the right to publicize and promote any and all progress, development and success of the entered scripts.
- Any script from any genre will be considered.
- Multiple entries are accepted, provided you fill out an application for each script.
- Multiple authorship is acceptable. If the screenplay wins an award, that award will be divided among the writers, by the writers.
- Screenplays must be the original work of the author.
- On the cover page of your script, please DO NOT include your name or address. We only want the title of the script on the cover page.
- Scriptapalooza recommends registering your script with The Library of Congress.
- No substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages for script entries will be accepted under any circumstances.
- Submit scripts in English.
- For the SHORTS competition, your script must be under 50 pages.
- Body pages must be numbered.
- Scripts must be in industry standard format 12 point Courier font.
- The decisions of our Judges are final and may not be disputed.