The Sloan Distribution Grant is a $50,000 grant awarded by Film Independent to a film that is entering its distribution phase.
Eligible films must depict themes, stories and characters grounded in real science, technology or economics.
- Applicants must be the producer of a narrative fiction feature film.
- The film should prominently feature science, mathematics and/or technology in the story and/or have a leading character that is a scientist, engineer or mathematician.
- Films with innovative marketing and distribution plans are encouraged to apply.
- All submitted films must be at least 70 minutes in length.
- Applicants must be legal residents of the United States.
- Film must be entering its distribution phase.