The BFI Doc Society Fund aims to develop storytellers from all parts of the UK, backing feature projects with bold cultural and social ambitions.
With our funding, we are able to support the early careers of ambitious filmmakers, and take risks on talent, form and content, prioritising work that recognizes the quality of difference in perspective, in talent, in recruitment.
Doc Society is the BFI’s current delegate partner for documentary funding.
The BFI Doc Society Fund aims to champion a breadth of bold and distinctive filmmaking across the UK with a particular focus on:
• Supporting the early careers of ambitious filmmakers
• Supporting work with cultural relevance or progressive ideas
• Filmmaking that takes risks on talent, form and content, where the more commercial sector cannot
• Work that recognises the quality of difference – in perspective, in talent, in recruitment
• An increase in the number of active projects originated by filmmakers outside London & the South East.