The document can be used as a one-sheet that gives a teaser overview of your project.
- an introduction to get key cast and crew interested in your film
- introduce your film to media and festivals
- a handout at film markets for sales
How to write a film proposal
The film proposal is the foundation of your film:
- what your film is about
- who is involved
- your target film audience
* When you get interest to move your project forward, present the film business plan.
What is included in the Film Proposal Template?
- The Logline: If you speak to a producer, director or agent, that person will ask you: What is your script about? That is your logline. Describe the main concept of your story in one concise sentence.
- Film Genre: Decide the genre for your film
- Film Synopsis: In a brief paragraph introduce your characters, the plot and what the story is about. Don't give away the ending.
- Production Crew: In a couple of lines prove that you have an experienced team on board. The stronger your crew is, the more likely your project will get funded.
- Abbreviated Budget: A basic Film Budget that shows your proposed expenses and income in abbreviated form.
Film Proposal vs Film Business Plan
- The Film Proposal is a 1-page document, a teaser to attract key crew, media and distributors.
- The Film Business Plan is an extensive pitch deck that you present to investors to get funding
You can download the film proposal template which does all the groundwork for you - how your film is going to look and why you are the best person to make this project.
Just fill in the text and you will have a film proposal to move your project forward.
Start your film today!