Introduce your film in the early stage of development. It as an abbreviated document or top sheet of the film business plan.
What is a Film Proposal?
A Film Proposal is a document to pitch your idea to key team members and financiers. What your film is about and how much it's going to cost.
Film Proposal Template
How to write a Film Proposal
The film proposal is a brief summary of your film:
- The Logline: If you speak to a producer, director or agent, that person will ask you: What is your script about? That is your logline. Describe the main concept of your story in one concise sentence
- Production Details: Running time (in minutes), shooting locations, language and country of origin.
- Film Genre: Decide the genre for your film
- Unique Sales Proposition : What makes your film special in comparison to other films in the same genre.
- Budget Top Sheet: A 1-page budget that shows your proposed expenses and income as a summary.
* When you get interest to move your project forward, present the film business plan.
Film Proposal vs Film Business Plan
- The Film Proposal is a 3-page document, a teaser to attract initial interest from partners.
- The Film Business Plan is a 10-page pitch deck that you present to investors to get funding.
You can download the film proposal template which does all the groundwork for you - to get interest in your project.
Just fill in the text and you will have a film proposal to move your project forward.
Start your film today!