Are you looking for distribution for your completed film or catalogue?
What is Indie Film Distribution?
Self distribution is where you act as your own distributor, you sell your film directly to a platform without third-party commissions, fees and charges.
How to Self Distribute a Film
Self-distributing a film can be a challenging process, but it also provides a high degree of control and flexibility over the distribution of your film. To self-distribute a film, you can follow these steps:
- Secure your rights: Make sure you have the legal right to distribute your film, which usually involves acquiring the rights to any copyrighted music or footage used in the film.
- Create a website: Build a website for your film that includes information about the film, cast and crew, and any upcoming screenings or events.
- Build a following: Utilize social media and other online channels to build a following and create buzz for your film.
- Arrange screenings: Arrange for the film to be screened in theaters, at film festivals, and other events.
- Secure distribution deals: Negotiate distribution deals with VOD platforms, DVD distributors, and other outlets to maximize the reach of your film.
- Market and promote: Develop a marketing plan to promote your film, including trailers, posters, and other materials.
- Monitor and adjust: Continuously monitor the performance of your film and adjust your distribution strategy as needed.
Note: Self-distributing a film requires a lot of time and effort, but it also provides a high degree of control over the distribution process.
We have built a film distribution directory for you, with a single click, submit your film directly to verified streaming platforms and services.
Or may also want to consider hiring a consultant or distributor to help with the process.
7 Ways to Distribute Independent Film
Times have changed, no need for middlemen and you stay in control of your income.
- Submit your film directly to streaming platforms and split the revenue
- Get a film aggregator to do the work for you
- Sell tickets for your film's online screening as an event
- If you have a large catalogue of films, create your own streaming platform
- Upload your film to an online marketplace, where buyers make you an offer
- Attend film markets to shop your film
- Let Cannes Film Agency make deals with the best options for your film.