IMDb (the Internet Movie Database) is a popular website that provides information on movies, television shows, and other productions.
To submit your film to IMDb, you can follow these steps:
- Create an IMDb account: If you don't already have an IMDb account, you'll need to create one to submit your film.
- Verify your film: To verify that you're the rightful owner or representative of the film, you'll need to provide IMDb with proof of your film's credits, distribution, and other relevant information.
- Choose the correct title type: IMDb allows you to submit different types of titles, such as feature films, television series, and short films. Choose the correct title type for your film to ensure that it is listed in the correct category.
- Provide detailed information: Fill out all of the relevant fields for your film, including the title, release date, genre, cast, and crew information. Be as detailed as possible to ensure that your film is accurately represented on IMDb.
- Submit your film: Once you've completed the submission process, IMDb will review your information to ensure that it meets their standards and guidelines. If your submission is accepted, your film will be added to IMDb's database.
IMDb is an important resource for filmmakers and industry professionals, and submitting your film can help increase its visibility and attract more attention from potential investors, distributors, and audiences.
It is necessary be as thorough as possible when filling out the information required in the listing.
Tips for a comprehensive IMDB Listing
IMDB is a search engine, and their algorithm is largely driven by relevance and popularity.
- An IMDB listing need 2 external sources links to reputable websites: add the link of your film here on filmbuzz.tv and your social film page on facebook for the 2nd one, sorted.
- Make sure your film contains as much information as possible.
- Would most appreciate you add me, Lilian Baksalevowicz as Producer (of Marketing), let me know and you will get gifts ?
How to create IMDb listings
If your title already has an IMDb page, make sure production and award details are accurate and up-to-date.
Note: IMDb details can take up to two weeks to appear on your detail page after a title is published.
To add a new title on IMDb, sign in or create an account. When signed in, go to the IMDb Help Center for information.
Track IMDb listings
Track your listing request through your IMDb account contribution history by doing the following:
- Sign in to IMDb.
- At the upper-right corner of the window, hover over your name and then click Account settings.
- Under Other, click View Contributions.
A list of the requests submitted for your account appears. Note: The IMDB SLA for company updates is 7 to 10 days.
General information can be found in the IMDb Help Center.
Update IMDb listings
If you're unable to locate your company or IMDb hasn't updated the title page to include your company, do the following:
- Go to IMDb.com and sign in. If you don't have an account, create one, or use your Amazon account credentials.
- Search for the title and open the title page.
- Above the title name, on the More drop down menu, under Details, select Company Credits.
- At the bottom of the page, click Edit Page.
- Scroll down to the Company Credits section, select to add 1 credit for the attribute to update (i.e. distributor, production company), and then click Continue at the bottom of the page.
- Fill out the form with the company details followed by the company code for the country/region where you have the rights to distribute. Note: The country/region code must be in brackets (i.e. Company Name, LLC [US]).
- Click Check These Updates.
- When a warning message appears, select your company from the options list, or if the company has never been added to IMDb, click Add this as a new Company.
- Click Re-check these updates.
- When the background turns green, click Submit These Updates.
The submission will be sent for review.
Create a Top 10 List, naturally add your own film