In order to engage in the exchange of information, the enhancement of skills, the development of informal networks, and the pursuit of cooperation.
AMA supports projects that are aimed at : building partnerships, completing research, creating new works, touring a show, or participating in festivals, biennales, residencies, workshops and professional meetings or symposia.
Grantees receive a round-trip flight, in Economy class, reserved, purchased and delivered by AMA.
Nationality: Applicants may be nationals of any country but must live and work in Africa. Proof of long-term residence will be requested from non-African nationals.
Profession: Art Moves Africa supports individuals and groups (maximum: 3 people) belonging to the following professions:
- Cultural operators (managers, artistic directors, producers, technicians, researchers, etc.)
- Journalists working in the arts and culture sector
Applicants’ travels must take place within the African continent, from one African country to another.
NB: Unfortunately, AMA cannot support travels to/from dependent territories or overseas or autonomous regions of European states, such as Réunion, Mayotte, the Canary Islands, Madeira, Ceuta, Melilla, etc.
Artistic fields: Art Moves Africa supports the travel of artists and cultural professionals working in the following artistic fields:
- Visual arts
Art Moves Africa encourages participation in any project or event that enables:
- Collaborations with other professionals
- Exchange of information and activities
- Elaboration of projects, practices and ideas
- Improvement of artistic or technical skills
- Discovery of different artistic fields through: cultural professional network meetings, festivals, artists’ residencies, workshops, seminars, lectures, work sessions
- Artists to demonstrate the long term effect of their project
- Artists to share their experience by encouraging networking in their own country
- Professionals seeking wider access to international networks to enhance their careers.